TRACK OUT CAMPS
The Performance Academy’s mission is to build strong character, promote wellness and increase the overall fitness of each child in a fun, safe and active environment. Currently, in our area there is a 38% childhood obesity rate. Today’s youth is the least fit in history and Physical Education is declining in our school system. At The Performance Academy Camp, we will promote flexibility, agility and strength coupled with tips on proper nutrition. Weekly, our staff will work with all of the campers to help further develop their life skills. These skills include Honesty, Work Ethic, Self-Discipline, Confidence, Responsibility, Healthy Food Choices, Leadership and Teamwork.
A DIFFERENT KIND OF SPORTS CAMP
Unlike most track–out camps where the curriculum is centered around an activity, the goal of The Performance Academy Sports and Wellness Camp is to build character in our local youth through a curriculum-based program centered around our mission.
WHY WE MUST SUCCEED
Health risks increase as physical activity declines– risks that could be prevented with early intervention and education. A number of studies show disheartening trends regarding student health.
- Childhood obesity has more than doubled in select age groups over the past three decades.
- Organized youth sports participation has decreased.
- Student attendance, alertness and engagement are down.
- State, county and district budgets are stressed, forcing cuts in staff, equipment and development of new programs.
- A move toward part-time PE teachers, and reduction in Administrative Directors; little, if any investment in fitness equipment.
- Reduction in PE class time to as little as 45 minutes per week in grades 1-6, decreasing further by middle school age.
- Research advances in health and fitness are not routinely incorporated into continuing professional education, leaving programs less impactful; many programs may even be staffed by volunteers with limited or no professional training.
- Schools carry the primary burden for student progress, physical and academic, but need the support and reinforcement of families and communities.
Our mission at TPA Sports and Wellness Camp is to promote character building as well as healthy living. We do this through various fun exercises and education programs during the day. At TPA, we strive to provide an environment that has plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy the many activities that are offered:
ONE WEEK: $185.00
TWO WEEKS: $355.00
THREE WEEKS: $520.00
SINGLE DAY: $40.00
3 DAY WEEK: $115.00
HOURS ARE 8:00AM TO 5:00PM
We require a minimum of 5 participants in Track Out Camp. We will notify you the Wednesday before the week starts if camp will NOT be held.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ELECTRONICS (other then cellular telephones for emergency only) ARE PERMITTED AT TPA TRACK OUT CAMP.